Somnolescent is a group of artsy doofs all over the world with a love and fascination for all those weird things no one pays much attention to. They draw, write, tinker, and make neat web pages about everything from Bryce3D to guinea pigs, but usually, they're on Furcadia.
In case you were curious...
Quick answers to common questions, as illustrated by our slerrets!
- What does "Somnolescent" mean?
- It's a big pretentious word that means you're sleepy. Somnolians (those in the group) tend to sleep rather poorly, though we don't encourage that...
- That said, we like the peaceful vibe of the half hour or so before you head to bed, so that's what we try to cultivate.
- When did Somnolescent get started?
- Officially, our birthday is December 20, 2018. The name and bulb have existed since Cammy was in middle school in 2012 or so, though.
- Why the half-bulb logo?
- It's easy to draw and memorable. Is the bulb out? Is it on? It is both.
- Who are the fluffy lads on the front page?
- Our characters! We all contributed a bunch. Keep refreshing and you'll get new ones!
- What are slerrets, and why are they over the site?
- Slug ferrets! They glow like our bulb and leave trails of glowing stuff wherever they wander...
- Where can I talk to you guys?
- Try our Outposts server on Discord! (Individual Somnolians might have contact information on their sites as well.)